- Support the body’s natural healing response
- Find and Treat the Cause
- First do no harm
- Treat the Whole Person mentally, emotionally, and physically
- Doctor as Teacher
Our approach holds true to the principles of naturopathic medicine and with every patient, we meet them where they are at in their healing and support what their body needs:
- Reviewing the supplements you are taking
- How is your diet...really?
- Healthy Relationships
- Activities that feed your soul
- Healing the Gut
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." -Benjamin Franklin
If you are a healthy individual looking to stay healthy and just want to make sure you are on the right track, we can help you by reviewing your diet, lifestyle, stress management strategies, and supplements.
Chronic Health Conditions
Because naturopathic medicine treats people and not their disease, we can see anyone for just about anything. With that said, with every patient, restoring the foundations to health is crucial. These include clean air, clean water, clean food, shelter, quality sleep, relationships, stress management, and a life full of joy. Some conditions that can really benefit from naturopathic medicine are:
- Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Menopausal symptoms
Autism / ADD / ADHD
This is an increasing condition in our population due to many speculating causes. Regardless of these causes, naturopaths look at the whole picture: nutrition, gut health, behavior, brain chemistry, and yes, environmental toxicities. With this we can help create a balance in a child or adult suffering from these conditions with the following:
- Food Allergy Assessment
- MTHFR Gene Screening and Treatment
- Nutritional Deficiency Assessment
- Neurotransmitter Analysis
- Environmental/Chemical toxicities: testing and detox support
Teenagers and Young Adults
The years of being a teenager or young adult is about making mistakes, self-discovery, hormonal imbalances, relationships, and trashing your body with food, alcohol, and drugs. Naturopathic Medicine can really help this population succeed emotionally and in their interests such as sports, dancing, singing, academia, etc... with the following:
- Counseling through anxieties, depression, fears
- Supporting healthy sleep patterns
- Nutritional support, including dysfunctional eating or eating disorders
- Correcting any nutritional deficiencies that are lacking from poor diets
- Improving gut health
Stress is a silent killer. Regardless of the cause, the body reacts as if you are running from a bear and are in a life or death situation. Your adrenal glands spit out epinephrine, norepinephrine, and cortisol. Overtime your adrenal glands will get tired from all the chronic stress our modern day lives puts us through. Down the road you may start saying things like, "I just can't cope" or "I don't feel like I used to." Adrenal Fatigue is real but can be reversed.
When we think of the gut we think mostly of gas and pooping. What we dont realize is that it's a second brain, the origins of our immune system, and the place where every nutrient is broken down and absorbed for the basic functions of the human body. Below is a list of conditions we can help and how we can help. The Mouth: yes, it starts in our mouth -recurring ulcers -acid reflux -post nasal drip The Stomach: -acid reflux -H. Pylori -stomach ulcers The Intestines and Organs: -Constipation -Diarrhea -Irritable Bowel Syndrome -Ulcerative Colitis -Chron's Disease -Hepatitis -Gas/Bloating -Leaky gut We treat with digestive enzymes, probiotics, plant medicine that's healing to the gut, eliminating food allergies, and much more.
We truly are what we eat but who has time to cook and when did eating healthy become so hard? At Summit Vitality we believe in a whole foods diet (that means package free and closest to the farm). Food should be our medicine but we do live in a very toxic environment and unfortunately our food is depleted of many nutrients its supposed to provide.
Reasons we can become depleted:
- Poor diet
- A good whole food diet but perhaps not organic or poor, nutrient depleted soil.
- Chronic diseases and inflammation- These states require more nutrients than we are giving ourselves.
- Chronic Use of Pharmaceutical drugs. Commonly used: Pain medications, allergy meds, acid reflux meds, anti-depressants. YES! All these deplete nutrients due to their mechanism of action.
- Unhealthy Gastrointestinal tracts
Summit Vitality can order a Micronutrient Panel that identifies nutritional deficiencies so that we have quantifiable numbers to follow. We can supply you with resources on healthy eating!