BACK 2 SCHOOL like a SUPERHERO
Wonder Woman for Mental Health
Wonder woman wears utility earrings, unbreakable bracelets, and even has a magic tiara! Each of these items gives her a special power. Consider wearing the following to tackle anxiety or depression.
- Copper is very grounding
- Essential oil necklace
- Try Rosemary, Lemon, or Sandlewood for focus
- Lavendar, Sage, Cedarwood for anxiety
- Bergamont, Frankincense, Jasamine, and lemon for depression
- Crystals for focus and concentration: Flourite and Honey Calcite
- Rubber soled shoes are also grounding
- Wear a cross or a symbol that gives your child strength.
Bat Man's Memory for Focus
Batman is known for his photographic memory! Well, we may not have a purely photographic memory but we can do the following to improve our focus and concentrations:
Every day starts with a good healthy breakfast that includes protein. Here are some suggestions:
- Goat Milk Yogurt with 1 tablespoon chia seeds, 1 tablespoon of flax seeds, with blueberries
- Gluten Free pancake, using a banana as an egg substitute, with walnuts and Dark Robust Maple Syrup
- Pea or Rice protein shake
- Fresh fruit dipped in nuts and seeds with a piece of GF toast. *Try cutting the toast into characters.
- A good 'B' Complex. The brain loves vitamin B6 to balance those neurotransmitters
Wolverine-Like Immune system
Going back to school means getting exposure to more germs. Also, fall and winter are just around the corner; a time of year for allergies, colds, and that villain, "The Flu". Below are reminders to keeping the immune system strong:
- Berry Well Immune by Vital Nutrients is Dr. Lexi's favorite. 1 scoop a day for prevention and "when something's going around." 1 scoop 3x/day for when your child is sick and 1 scoop a day to everyone else in the family.
- Keep your gut flora strong with a good probiotic.
- Vitamin D. School is in and sun exposure goes down so now is the time to start that up again.
- A good night's sleep always boosts the immune system.